Teenage Volunteer Job Description
- Volunteer must be able to care for own basic needs 100% independently.
- Volunteer must be able to follow 2 - 3 part oral directions.
- Volunteer must be able to be left unsupervised for long periods of time.
- Volunteer must be able to push a wheelchair.
- Volunteer has completed 9th grade and has had experience or a desire in working with children with varying abilities.
- Attend orientation and other planning meetings
- Familiarize self with daily schedules
- Wear volunteer identification at all times
- Follow instructions of counselor to which assigned
- Comply with Camp Sue Osborn policies
Volunteer may be assigned to perform any of the tasks below:
- Run errands and relay messages
- Go for assistance in case of emergency
- Deliver/retrieve equipment, clothing, etc.
- Assist ambulatory campers in dressing
- Assist staff members in dressing/undressing non-ambulatory campers
- Push wheelchairs (if training has been received)
- Assist in physical transfers of non-ambulatory campers
- Assist with responsibilities for a designated numbers of campers
- Assist in assuring that all campers are accounted for at all times
- Inform staff of any inappropriate camper behavior
- Assist in activities and special programs
- Assist in other ways if not specifically included in list of restricted responsibilities below
- Assist in loading and unloading of camper(s) from buses following established procedure
- Assure that no camper is out of sight of supervising staff person
Volunteers are NOT to be assigned responsibility for:
- Supervision/monitoring of campers without a staff member resent
- Transferring non-ambulatory campers alone
- Major repositioning of campers in wheelchairs
- Locking or unlocking braces
- Toileting campers without staff member present
- Feeding campers (i.e., food or drink) without appropriate training and staff supervision
- Operating bus lifts
Dates, Times, and Contacts
June 29 - July 10, 2015
(closed July 4th)
YMCA Outdoor Family Center (Perry, Ohio)
For questions about Day Camp, call Brandy Siegel at 440-781-3361
July 19 – July 25, 2015
Camp Burton (Burton, Ohio)
For questions about Residence Camp, call Brandy Siegel at 440-781-3361